Wednesday 5 August 2015

VIRGIN VIRUS



VIRGIN VIRUS :Picking on my dad... There is a high possibility I may get away with this topic when my dad reads this post, because he is a person of few words so may not over react or maybe cause am his only son or last born, I Sha know I will get away with this safe and dry. If you don't have these factors listed above and not ready for what's coming afterwards don't try this. I think my dad triggered this write up sef unknowingly. Weeks ago we had a table chat. i'm sure he wanted to know if am living up to his name and repping, that kind of thing. My dad's social media presence is so strong. He is my friend on Facebook, and follows me on Twitter and is aware of my online activities. Sometimes he would send a message and tell me, 'I like your write up on Facebook keep it up' . Sometimes he would say 'I also saw your brand friend, Mobolaji Caxton-Martins' write up, he is very good o' . I thought that was enough You won't believe two days ago my african dad who is over 60years old, actually liked one of my VBG short videos on instagram. I was like, wow, dad on instagram? then I made up my mind to poke him and pick on him.. That's what social media is about its not a so serious place else it won't be called 'social' (I am warning you don't use this on your own African dad o, you may not get away with it Hmmm , remember @crazy clown, lol). So over the table chat, we discussed so many things, we picked up marriage and my dad says 'when I chose your mum she was a very active and bold lady' and I giggled and inside my mind I said haba her hot shape nko..were you not attracted cos of that too? ... You know sometimes elders and pastors dont like to talk about the physicals and figure 8. My dad also went further to say' who ever God gives you make sure you sell your qualities well, market yourself o, be on top of your game.' in my mind again I was like, dad is actually teaching Me to toast a lady here ooo. We went off to other things, my music, my video coming up, career. Then he dropped the jackpot.. He said oh, ' I want to give u a book to read', but he dint mention the title I noticed.. Maybe cause it was risque. title was 'like a virgin' by Richard. The only person we can associate this brand with is Richard Branson. Hmm Giving me this knowledge script was dad's big mistake. He made me know what he knows.. Cos he read the book too. All the while I read the book, I was like, ' oh my God dad made a mistake to hand me this treasure ' . The book did mess up with my mind and some conventional thinking pattern. The book fights every form of tradition, stale culture and complacency in life and the business world . Got my mind thinking not outside the box alone, but upside down and side ways..really anything is possible. Many More mistakes my dad has made before now, was taking me to a music school to learn the drums, keyboard and guitar. He is a big fan of mine today. Attends my concerts, buys my music on iTunes. So cool. Attending Kings College Lagos was another mistake, for me it was beyond the education, the memories from that great school is second to none. Another mistake he made was to suggest a second degree (Law) after my first at Covenant University. I fought back seriously cause of my music urges, I choose to use the word urges, having over 500 self composed songs, that's some massive urge. Checked some schools but dint work out. So he dint give up and advised in spite of your music dreams just do one more degree.. So i sent applications to Lbs, CU and unilag but eventually went to Unilag for my MBA. Finally, the all time mistake dad has made so far was to marry that woman I call my mother.. My mother almost sees everything spiritually before it happens, she talks to God face to face.. So to say oo.. She prays like tomorrow no dey. I mean like she's cute and hot again. Over 60 years too yet every thing is intact..you know what I mean... My dad calls her professor.. Her devotion can be like 4hours stretch.. Like what.. Seriously.. As in what kind of mistake is this nah.. Chai. These folks may not be a model family or what pertains in every home or the standard that should be.. But this sure shows that wading the impossible gives you a shot at something good in life. Amidst dad's many mistake situations he enjoys his life, he's a chartered accountant, has two sweet lovely daughter (Twins), grand kids, very supportive son in laws, (I should get a big tip Mr Fola Baba and MrMuyiwaIludiran, cos am further raising your Already high profiles ) loves to travel with his wife, all the time Chai, loves photography, loves to read. Has a big library the Bible section alone is over a 100 of different versions, plays the guitar n keyboard a bit. He loves gadgets the iPhone 6, Mac book pro, iPad, knows about Linda Ikeja blog more than I do probably. Maybe I should say I want to be like you when I grow up dad, but nahhh like he says i will be greater, I definitely chose that option.. With the opportunities provided there is more... So if my dad that brought me to existence has permitted me to be very crazy and have fun achieving my dreams,
I have no apologies for hitting the right spots and wading impossibilities. Haha.. I am sure he will tell his wife today 'did you see what your son put about me on facebook, lol that your son has contacted the Virgin Virus o'..... Lol.


WOLE EMMANUEL


No comments:

Post a Comment